Monday, May 14, 2012

Ode to Reggie

I have a lot of older pictures that I feel need a story behind them, so here is story number one:

PINE STATE BISCUITS


~ P and I love Pine State Biscuits. If you've never had them, please check out this website. You don't even have to read the menu. Just look at the picture on the front page. Go. Now. I'll wait..

Now please wipe off the drool from your keyboard, it's awkward to see adults drool. There are so many things on their menu that I haven't tried yet because all I ever want to do is dominate the Reggie Deluxe (with extra gravy). One time, I found myself reading the calories on one of those bad boys and I decided to stop reading for two weeks. Nothing is going to get in between me and my Reggie. They have a couple of locations in Portland, but the thing that got me the most was their to-go cart right at the Portland State Farmers Market every Saturday morning. Guess who lives a stones throw away? Ding ding ding! Reggie knows how to make a hangover disappear.

Unfortunately, Pine State Biscuits disappears from the Farmers Market during the winter months, and although P and I were able to make it to their store locations a couple of times nothing beat the Saturday Morning Food Coma. So I decided to make it! Nothing will ever compare to Reggie- he's probably the most delicious, gooey, not good for your heart, breakfast sandwich out there.

I made the cheesey biscuit from scratch and gravy, fried chicken in a honey marinade crisped up some bacon, fried up and egg, and VIOLA! Nums.

1 comment: